Home >> Golf >> Golf Rules & Policies >> Local Rules
PebbleCreek Golf Resort Local Rules
USGA Rules govern all play except as modified by the following Local Rules.
Out of Bounds:
Out of bounds is marked by white stakes, retaining walls, fences, curbs of streets, and homeowner property lines evidenced by the change in landscape rocks. A golf ball resting in a homeowner’s property is out of bounds and must not be retrieved. Any ball that enters or crosses a street is out of bounds even if it comes to rest on another part of the course. Rule 18 applies.
Abnormal Course Conditions:
- All penalty areas are red and will generally be identified by red stakes and/or lines. Rule 17-1d describes relief options available for a one-stroke penalty.
- In the absence of stakes or lines, the edge of a red penalty area for a lake is defined by the edge of the turf on the course side of the concrete lake liner.
- The Bullard Wash to the left of Eagle’s Nest holes #10, #11, and #18 is a red penalty area even where it crosses #18 fairway.
- The Bullard Wash to the left of Eagle’s Nest #17 is a red penalty area and a No Play Zone. You may not play a ball from that penalty area and must take relief as described under Rule 17-1e or use the Drop Zone to the right of the cart path about 30 yards short of the green.
- Ball dropping zones are also provided on Eagle’s Nest hole #4 and Tuscany Falls East hole #13 as an additional option to those available under Rule 17-1d for a ball that comes to rest in the red penalty area. If the player elects to use a drop zone on Eagle’s Nest hole #4, the ball must be dropped in the zone nearer to where the ball last crossed the edge of the red penalty area.
Immovable Obstructions Near a Putting Green:
- All concrete and asphalt cart paths plus the cart exit paths bordered by river rock on #10 Eagle’s Nest and #12 of Tuscany Falls East are immovable obstructions and relief without penalty is available under Rule 16-1. Any other worn areas through turf or desert areas caused by vehicle traffic are deemed to be integral objects and relief without penalty is not available under Rule 16-1.
- On hole #18 at Eagle’s Nest and hole #7 of Tuscany Falls East, the rocks and plantings within the cart parking turnaround near the green are deemed to be part of the cart path. Relief without penalty is provided under Rule 16-1.
- Rocks greater than 1” in size, closely arranged for a functional purpose such as drainage or erosion control, are deemed to be an immovable obstruction. When an area of such rocks is adjacent to another immovable obstruction such as a cart path, they are deemed to be the same obstruction for purposes of taking relief. The cactus garden in the desert area to the right of Eagle’s Nest hole #18 is an immovable obstruction. Rule 16-1.
- If a staked tree interferes with a player’s stance or area of intended swing (but not line of play) the player may take relief without penalty within one club-length of the nearest point of complete relief but not nearer the hole.
- Ground under Repair is encircled by white lines. When an area marked with white paint is tied into or adjacent to an immovable obstruction, it shares the same status as the immovable obstruction for purposes of taking relief. French drains are ground under repair even though not marked. Rule 16-1.
Relief from interference by an immovable obstruction may be taken under Rule 16.1. In addition, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1b if an immovable obstruction intervenes on the line of play and is both within two club-lengths of the putting green and within two club-lengths of the ball.